It's time! How did my New Years Resolutions from last year go? And what am I planning for next year?
Last year, I said:
In 2017 I'm hoping to:
- Read at least 15 novel-length books.
- Thin out my personal bookshelves. I have a lot of "tsundoko," books I've purchased and let pile up unread. I'll be gifting a lot of these to Little Free Libraries this year.
- Continue blogging once a week.
- And my big, non-book related goal is to lose weight and stay in shape!
How'd I do? I read 21 books! I've kind of been beating myself up for not reading more. But, I exceeded my (admittedly low) goal, so that's something.
I have thinned out a large number of books. But, I've been gifted or purchased a lot of new books this past year, too. Doesn't feel like I made progress, but at least the piles of books all around my house aren't getting worse.
Continue blogging? Yikes. I fell down pretty hard on this one. I've been fairly pressed for free time. Sometimes, I didn't feel like I had a quality post to add. Other times, I had a post all planned, and never published it. A few times, I had a seasonal post which - by the time I had the free time to put it up, was already kind of out of date. In addition, I had almost all of my blog images hosted on Photobucket, so things are looking pretty poorly around here, lately. I'm working on fixing old posts. Slowly, but surely.
Lose weight? Oh no. Let's just say there's a reason why people make that resolution every year.
Goals for 2018 include:
- Spend less time on social media, pointlessly lurking, clicking and scrolling, and more time actually reading books. Really wondering how much of my To Be Read pile I can knock out!
- I want to read at least 50 books this year!
- I'd like to walk three miles a day. This isn't too outrageous of a goal, as I have to walk a lot in my job, so with a bit more effort, I should make three miles a day, easily.
Post a Comment