This week's Top 10 Tuesday topic from The Broke and the Bookish is:
Top Ten Books to Make You Cry.
Get out your Kleenex. Here are my top tearjerkers.
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling
You know saying goodbye to Dumbledore always destroys me!
2. Kira Kira - Cynthia Kadohata
A younger sister copes with her sister's brave battle with cancer.
3. Bridge to Terabithia - Katherine Paterson
A book with a dead kid in it. That's always gonna make me cry.
4. The Higher Power of Lucky - Susan Patron
A wonderful book, about a plucky girl coping with the loss of her mother.
5. Marley and Me - John Grogan
I'm not a dog person, but this book is so heartbreaking!
6. Charlotte's Web - E.B. White
"It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer. Charlotte was both." I defy anyone not to cry at that line!
7. Flowers for Algernon - Daniel Keyes
Ah, one of the saddest books I've ever read, about a mentally challenged man who gains everything, and then loses it all.
8. Edward's Eyes - Patricia MacLachlan
Sweet and super sad! Another dead kid book.
I'm racking my brain to think of two more... I don't know! Eight weepy books is enough, don't you think? What are your top tearjerkers?